After reading guidelines and recommendations laid out by PHE (Public Health England) and the IO (Institute of Osteopathy) Gemini Osteopathy will is reopening the clinic as of the 1st of June. The following measures in place to best protect both patients and practitioner.
- No patient should attend an appointment if they are feeling poorly or showing any signs of ill health. (Gemini Osteopathy reserves the right to refuse treatment of any patient attending who is believed to be unwell).
- No patient should attend an appointment if they have travelled outside of the UK within 14 days of their appointment date.
- No patient should attend an appointment if they are themselves or currently living with someone who is on the ‘most vulnerable’ list ie, shielding and has been told to self-isolate until at least the end of June on current recommendations.
- On entering the building patients will be asked to sanitise hands and limit contact with other persons and any contactable surfaces where possible. If contacting surfaces, then hand washing/sanitation will be required again.
- Patients are recommended to wear a face-covering (as directed by current government guidelines) in public areas. (Gemini Osteopathy does have a limited supply of these; however, it is recommended that you please bring your own).
- No patient should attend if they have had a positive test for the COVID 19 virus.
- Patients should attend their appointments alone (where possible) to limit exposure.
In line with recommendations from PHE in regard to PPE, The practitioner will:
- Wear a face mask throughout all face to face consultations.
- Wear either a disposable plastic apron or change clinic coat with each consultation.
- Risk assess on a patient to patient basis my need to wear disposable nitrile gloves or protective eye shield if necessary.
In line with PHE in regard to infection control, the practitioner will:
- Wash/sanitise hands and forearms before and after every consultation (as standard).
- Cease using any soft material furnishings during treatment, ie: couch covers, towels etc. If they are essential, then they will be one use only and changed between every patient.
- Any contactable hard surfaces will be disinfected between each patient, ie: couch, desk, chair, door handles etc.
- After each treatment, the clinic door will be left open allowing aeration of the treatment room for the recommended time of at least 20 mins.
To allow time for all of this 1 hour will be allocated for follow up appointments and 1 hour 30 mins for all new patient appointments. We ask all patients to please attend their appointments on time. If you are early, please consider waiting in your car or outside the building to minimise your contact with others. The practitioner will meet you in the reception area and open all doors in and out of the clinic minimising your contact with hard surfaces.
ON RECOMMENDATION FROM PHE IT MUST BE STRESSED THAT WHILST ALL THESE MEASURES DRASTICALLY REDUCE THE CHANCES OF INFECTION THERE IS ALWAYS A VERY SMALL RISK ASSOCIATED WITH FACE TO FACE CONTACT.